Friday, December 31, 2010

Sanctus Real: Pieces of a Real Heart

I just came back from a youth conference in Long Beach, CA (Go SoCal !!!)
Anyways, Sanctus Real played the first night and I enjoyed it so much I bought their new album
 Pieces of a Real Heart.

First of all I wanna remind you guys not to illegally download Christian songs. Please. They're playing music for Jesus. Support their ministry.

A Little About Sanctus Real:
Matt Hammit- Vocals and Guitar
Chris Rohman- Guitar and Mandolin
Mark Graalman- Drums
Pete Prevost- Guitar and Banjo
Dan Gartley- Bass
They are a rock Christian band from Ohio that have been together since 1996. Pieces of a Real Heart is their 5th studio album and also have three independent albums.

Tracklist for Pieces of a Real Heart
1. Forgiven
2. These Things Take Time
3. Lead Me
4. The Redeemer
5. Take Over Me
6. I Want To Get Lost
7. 'Til I Got To Know You
8. Dear Heart
9. I'll Show You How To Live
10. Keep My Heart Alive.

CoAige's Thoughts
I really like Sanctus Real because their style of music is perfect for me. Growing up hearing Chinese ballads and folk songs, hard rock and rap isn't exactly my cup of tea. Sanctus Real has a melodious, soft guitar, rock kinda sound.

It was in the live performance that I was amazed my the voice of Matt Hammit. His voice is really blessed by God and you can tell through his voice, his passion for both God and music. All the songs have good, relaxing melodies that were all composed by the members.

The lyrics in this song, I can't really deeply relate to them, but they have good meaning of course. I especially like the lyrics for Track 4 "Lead Me" just because of the back story Matt Hammit told us about his own family. Track 8 "Dear Heart" the lyrics are special and cute. In the song, the person is talks to his own Heart... "Oh, Heart, you've let me down. Chasing love where it can't be found. Heart we've fallen out, Cause all of your emotions have led me to doubt. Tell me who's going to save us now?"

Overall, Sanctus Real has a good album, there wasn't a song I didn't enjoy on the album. I think anyone can tell that the songs were really written from their heart especially Track 4 "Lead Me". I just wish there was a song that I myself could really relate to.

My favorite tracks were "Forgiven", "Lead Me", "Dear Heart", "I'll Show You How To Live" and "Keep My Heart Alive".



Sanctus Real's Lead Me





No comments:

Post a Comment